Londross – Shira Route, just like Lemosho Route is probably the most beautiful, unspoilt, little used, less crowded, route up Kilimanjaro and it approaches Kilimanjaro’s summit from the west and crosses the caldera of Shira Volcano before heading beneath the southern ice fields of Kibo. This route later on joins in with the routes from Lemosho and Machame. Your starting altitude is higher than your end point altitude. Accommodation on the Marangu route is in huts, the Londross Route offers strictly tents only, just like Machame and Lemosho Route. This makes Londross Route better suited to the slightly more adventurous hiker, however rewarding him/her a scenic splendor such as not seen on the Marangu Route, from late afternoon sunsets at Shira, to the misty revelations of Kibo at the great Barranco wall, The Londross route is normally completed in a minimum of 7 days. There is an added benefit to this, as you are afforded the most valuable commodity on the mountain – Acclimatization-. CLIMB HIGH AND SLEEP LOW The Londross Route takes you high to Lava Tower 4630m on the day 4 and brings you down by nearly 700m for an overnight at Barranco Camp 3950m. This is the secret to successful acclimatization recommended
Mount Kilimanjaro Trek & Tarangire National Park
- Embark on an unforgettable trek to Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa.
- Choose from different routes such as Machame, Marangu, or Lemosho, each offering unique landscapes and challenges.
- Experience the changing ecosystems, from lush rainforests to alpine meadows and the snow-capped summit.
- Enjoy breathtaking views and a sense of accomplishment as you reach Uhuru Peak, standing at 5,895 meters (19,341 feet) above sea level.
- Visit Tarangire National Park, known for its diverse wildlife and majestic baobab trees.
- Explore the park on thrilling game drives and encounter large herds of elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, and more. Observe unique bird species, including the endemic Ashy Starling and Yellow-collared Lovebird.
- Lake Manyara National Park: Discover the beauty of Lake Manyara National Park, famous for its tree-climbing lions. Enjoy game drives around the lake, spotting a variety of wildlife such as elephants, hippos, buffalo, and flamingos.
- Experience the park's rich biodiversity and lush greenery, including the groundwater forest.